ACAM Conference Portland November 2011
The conference was about Type II (late onset) Diabetes and early detection and the relation to other conditions.
· Measure Uric acid (Gout) Homocysteine, CRP, and GGT (liver enzyme) for early changes. A cluster of risk factors has predictive value.
· Organic pesticides, plasticizers (BPA) levels are higher in Diabetics
· Dietary fat quality changes Glutathione levels. Glutathione is still the most important antioxidant in humans.
· He talks about 2 kinds of fat: “Happy and Angry fat”.
· Tylenol should never be allowed to be sold. It wipes out Glutathione and kills liver cells to the point of liver failure.
· For Glutathione retention, the combination of amino acid Glycine and Cysteine, is most valuable.
· Arsenic, Dioxin, PCB’s, POP (persistent organic pesticides) are very much related to Type II Diabetes.
Dr. J. Wright (Seattle)
· Skin tags (believe it or not) predict Diabetes in 80% of cases as well as early onset Osteoarthritis
· Hair analysis that shows high calcium, magnesium and zinc, predicts diabetes. (Dr. Wittel: “Skin tags usually disappear with Chelation. Consider a Hair Analysis once a year. ”)
· Chromium as a supplement (usually 200 mcg/day) may have to be given at a dose of 3000 mcg/day which is safe.
· The herb Berberine has been found to be superior to the prescription drug Metformin.
Dr. Cannell (The Vitamin D Activist)
· Physical fitness depends largely on your Vit D levels. You can be a fit couch potato as long as you take sufficient Vit D.